Monday, January 28, 2008

Yana’s new tune

Yana Gupta wants to be happy the way she is. And if rumours are anything to go by, her happiness these days lies in providing a shoulder for Kelly Dorji to cry on. The relic (read ex) of Lara Dutta seems to have taken a fancy to the item girl these days. But ask Yana and in true Bollywood fashion, she laughs it off. “It is so hilarious to read such news that doesn’t exist in reality. Yes, Kelly Dorji is a good friend but that doesn’t mean I’m seeing him,” she says. Yana would rather discuss her work. And that is one dynamic field surely! The model-turned-item girl-turned-actress-turned-fitness enthusiast is now turning a singer. But Yana calls it nothing new. “Singing is my passion. I am a trained singer and have learnt some typical Czech folk songs and traditional classical music. Honestly speaking, I have never taken singing seriously. But now, I want the people to know that I’m not only an actress and a fitness person but also a good singer,” she says. Does she expect instant success in the new field? “As long as I am happy doing what I do, I don’t care about the reactions. I believe someone in the audience will like my kind of music,” she says. But that doesn’t mean that she is hanging her boots as far as her bread-and-butter goes – item songs. “I was too busy travelling and doing a lot of things at the same time so I have not been able to focus on that. Right now, I’m totally excited about my role as a singer. But that doesn’t mean that I would stop doing movies. In fact, I’ve a lot of movies lined up,” she adds.

0 comments: