Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Offer Malaika couldn't resist!

Malaika Arora is kicked about doing television again.She's doing a reality show for Imagine NDTV. "I'm anchoring a music show called Dhoom Machale which starts in February and goes right up to April. It's a weekly and doesn't require me to take too much of time off from my domestic duties."Malaika says she'd never do anything that would neglect her son or make her feel less than comfortable."I was a judge on Nach Baliye 2. Why not Nach Part 3? Ah, NDTV made me an offer I couldn't resist. And besides all my friends from Nach moved on to NDTV. I had a whale of a time working with them. I believe not in working relationships but working with people whom I share a lasting relationship with. That rapport shows in my work."So what's the new show about? "It's a music contest where the contestants are all professional singers like Sunita Rao and Kamal Khan.I agree I'm no singer. I'm a dancer and therefore more qualified to judge Nach baliye. See, here we'll be judging the overall package and not the nuances in the singing. All the contestants are people I've known earlier on television or personally. So it's more in the spirit of fun and leisure." Says Malaika who was one of the first veejays on television."The last tv show where I judged a music contest was Cine Stars Ki Khoj about 4-5 years ago.I'm very comfortable with the home medium. I don't think about a big or small medium. For me the important thing is to do things that don't interfere with my son's upbringing. To catch him smiling and playing when we go to our farm in Panvel is far more important than anything I do professionally."

0 comments: