Monday, January 28, 2008

After school, Amar names his new house 'Aishwarya'

Lucknow: Besides a proposed girls college in Uttar Pradesh, Samajwadi Party General Secretary Amar Singh's new Lucknow residence too has been named after Bollywood actress and his friend Amitabh Bachchan's daughter-in-law Aishwarya Rai.
This came to light when Singh took the Bachchan family to his recently built plush bungalow in the Uttar Pradesh capital's upmarket Vipul Khand of Gomati Nagar on Saturday night.
Amitabh Bachchan and his entire family were driven from the Lucknow airport straight to 'Aishwarya', where they had dinner and spent the night.
When a reporter confronted Singh with a query about the name of the house, he shot back, “Abhishek is like a son to me and Aishwarya my daughter-in-law, so what if I have named my house after her and what if I decide to even gift this house to her?”
”You should know that Aishwarya is also another name for Goddess Lakshmi,” he added.
Amitabh gifted a higher secondary girl's school called Aishwarya Bachchan Girls Inter-College in Barabanki to Amar Singh on Sunday.
Following the announcement, the actress delivered a perfect speech on the occasion.
"I was a little hesitant when the family decided to name the school after me since there are so many other seniors in the family already. I think it would have been more appropriate to name it after them. But now that they have convinced me, I want to ensure that I live up to their expectations," Aishwarya said

0 comments: