Monday, January 28, 2008

I can live up to Bachchans' expectations: Aishwarya

Daulatpur, UP: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan dedicated a school that is going to be built by the Bachchan family in Barabanki, UP. It was also her first public address, coinciding with close family friend Amar Singh's birthday.
Is this the first sign that the Bachchan bahu could be heading towards a career in politics?
It was a big day for the locals of Barabanki and more so for these two little girls. For the first time Little Anjali and her sister Rimjhim got to meet their new mentor, actor Amitabh Bachchan.
Amitabh Bachchan agreed to sponsor the girls, after CNN-IBN reported how they were abandoned by their parents at a private boarding school a year back. The two will now study a girl’s school being built by the Bachchan family in Barabanki.
Amitabh Bachchan said, “These were two very sweet innocent girls and I felt very bad and so I told CNN-IBN through my friend Amar Singh that I would like to pay fro their education if they don’t mind.”
The school named after, daughter-in-law Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, will be up and running by July 2008. And Ash seemed to the crowd puller at the foundation laying function on Sunday.
Aishwarya said, “I was a little hesitant when the family decided to name the school after me. Since there are so many other seniors in the family already. I think it would have been more appropriate to name it after them. But now that they have convinced me, my only hope is to ensure that I can live up to their expectations.”
Aishwarya Rai has come a long way from being a model turned actress to the politically correct Bachchan bahu.
One can’t also help wonder if the school is just a social cause for the Big B. After all, his image had taken a beating after he was charged with fraudulently acquiring over 20 acres of farmland in this very same district.

0 comments: