Saturday, January 26, 2008

I feel privileged to belong to Bachchan family: Ash

Mumbai: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan is difficult to pin down for an interview; but is always in the news for one reason or another. Here she is, in an interview with entertainment editor of CNN-IBN, Rajeev Masand.
Rajeev Masand: Shankar, the director of Shivaji has revealed that you are the heroine of his new film Robot opposite Rajinikanth.
Aishwarya Rai Bachchan: They are super entertainers independently and together. I am saying independently because Shankar has been really sweet before Jeans and even after that. He has always asked me for his various projects but due to time and schedule, I could never come around making it happen as I already had other commitments. Rajini sir and Shankar are pure creative people. Saying no can and could be such an issue.
Recently Shankar did approach me and narrated the script. But we could still work it out. I am still working on my dates. But if he is confirmed it then it is cool. It means we will be on board and will work it out.
Rajeev Masand: It has also been said that you have been signed at a price that is the highest ever price paid to an actor in a Rajinikanth film.
Aishwarya Rai Bachchan: It is not that as much as speculation and a lot more chattier like there is a dearth of it anyways. I don’t know how to react to all this.
Rajeev Masand: The family is going to be in Barabanki shortly to announce the Aishwarya Rai school for girls, which is a very noble gesture. Are you going to play a significant role in that?
Aishwarya Rai Bachchan: I am very humbled by the commitment that the family has made and I so privileged to belong to a family that made a commitment a year ago and is keeping to its word and is realising the commitment very soon. You have to wait for the details of date and nomenclature. But more than anything else, it is the whole thought and idea and it is straight from the heart.

0 comments: